Aims of SCILT newsletter
SCILT loves to celebrate the great work being done in schools and local authorities across Scotland to promote languages and language learning. We also seek to support language teaching by providing information on opportunities available from SCILT and other organisations. The newsletter is an opportunity to share information on the work of our partners and promote relevant research and information. SCILT’s newsletter is published twice a year on our website.
Guidelines for submitting articles:
- Articles should be no longer than 300 words.
- Colourful photos or images make the article more eye-catching. Be aware that the newsletter will be published on our website and shared through our mailing lists. Please ensure permissions for photos have been cleared and that you own or have cleared the copyright for any images.
- The readership of SCILT’s newsletter is mainly Scottish: language teachers in primary, secondary, FE and HE; teacher educators; language advisors/inspectors; educational administrators; as well as language professionals within and outside the rest of the UK. Please bear this in mind and ensure articles are well-written, well-structured, and have an appropriate tone. Content should be relevant to language teaching and learning in Scotland today.
- Articles should be submitted electronically, by the stated deadline for submission, to SCILT’s Information Officer.
- The next deadline for submissions is Friday 12 March 2021.
If you have something you would like to share with the wider languages community, we would love to hear from you.
Please note: we may not always be able to include all articles and some editing may be required. The editor reserves the right to edit or discount any articles. SCILT does not necessarily endorse the practice described in the newsletter.
The newsletter, with the exception of logos, and any other content marked with a separate copyright notice, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives 4.0 International Licence.
Email submissions and for further information