Return to Calendar | Return to List
Leadership Award for Gaelic Medium Education (GME)
Posted on August 19 2014
Venue: Isle of Skye
Contact: Kate McArdle
Telephone: 01463 238 088
Event Date: 04/12/2014 - 27/02/2015
Education Scotland has worked with Social Enterprise Academy to develop a bespoke leadership award for teachers of Gaelic Medium Education who aspire to be principal teachers, depute headteachers and headteachers of nursery, primary and secondary GME provision. On this programme, you will gain invaluable insight into what it takes to be an effective leader.
The leadership award will support teachers to:
- Reflect on your role and identify your key strengths and areas for growth
- Gain clarity on setting direction and developing confidence in communicating change
- Gain confidence in your abilities as a leader
- Develop your skills and knowledge to prepare you for being in a leadership role in GME provision, for example, leading the curriculum, self-evaluation, support those with additional support needs, professional development and review
- Learn to use participatory techniques and other skills to improve your ability to engage in partnership working
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
The programme will be delivered in two sessions, 4 & 5 December 2014 and 26 & 27 February 2015 at Columba 1400 on the Isle of Skye.
For more information and to apply, please contact Kate McArdle.