Return to Calendar | Return to List
Language Learning and Teaching Conference: Developing Speaking Skills
Posted on June 20 2017
Venue: University of Leeds
Event Date: 15/09/2017 09:45 - 17:15
The purpose of the conference is to bring together academics and language teachers working in Higher Education in the UK and internationally to discuss the nature and challenges presently faced in the field of language learning. This conference intends to:
- Push forward the under-researched field of speaking skills by showcasing original research and innovative practice.
- Support a closer integration of language learning theory and pedagogical practice.
- Bridge the gap between MFL, EFL and EAP and provide a forum for all practitioners to develop collaborative projects, across language education regardless of the discipline.
- Act as a catalyst for collaboration across institutions.
The focus will be towards the enhancement of speaking skills with the following sub-themes:
Theoretical and practical approaches to:
- Pronunciation and intonation
- Pragmatics and interaction
- Cognitivism on speaking skills
- Assessment and Proficiency Level Bench-marking (including the CEFR)
- Technology to enhance language learning
- Task-based Teaching and Learning
- Learning outside the classroom
- Enhancing students’ employability through the development of speaking skills
Visit the website for more information and to register.