Venue: Fribourg, Switzerland
Event Date: 04/09/2014 - 06/09/2014
CercleS has been promoting interaction and cooperation between institutions involved in language teaching in Europe since 1991, with the aim of bringing together higher education language centres, departments, institutes, faculties and schools whose main responsibility is the teaching of languages.
The conference theme "Language Centres in Higher Education: Exploring and Shaping Plurilingual Profiles and Practices" reflects the important role of language centres in higher education through six sections:
- Teaching methodologies, learning and media
- Plurilingualism for academic and professional purposes
- Assessment and alternative forms of assessment
- Staff and quality development
- Policy and policy implementation
- MAGICC: Modularising Multilingual and Multicultural Academic Communication Competence
Sarah Breslin, Executive Director of the European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML) of the Council of Europe, will participate in the Round Table discussion on 5 September.
On the conference website, you will find all the necessary information on the conference programme, venue, accommodation, registration and deadlines for submission of papers.