Venue: University of Strathclyde
Contact: Emma McLean
Event Date: 30/06/2014 - 04/07/2014
SCILT and Education Scotland are now able to offer two places to each education authority on our 1+2 Train the Trainer summer school. The school will take place at the University of Strathclyde from Monday 30th June to Friday 4th July.
The course is aimed at key people in local authorities who will be responsible for training others to take forward Primary Language Learning (PLL). Participants will already have a level of language at SCQF 6 (Higher or equivalent) and although the course will focus on pedagogy, exemplification will be in French. This shouldn’t, of course, exclude people with other languages as the ideas and strategies we discuss will be completely transferrable.
By the end of the summer school, trainers will be able to identify:
- the format of their own primary language course
- the content of their own PLL course in terms of grammar, cultural content and progression in the 4 significant skill areas of listening, talking, reading and writing
- how they will develop teachers’ language and pedagogical skills
- effective use of ICT in teaching and to reinforce and refresh teachers’ own language skills
- how to use, adapt and create resources to suit local circumstances
Bed and breakfast accommodation will be provided on the University of Strathclyde’s campus for participants coming from beyond a 50 mile radius of the university.
In order to confirm places for your EA, please contact email@example.com stating the names of the participants and their contact details, the EA that they will represent, the language(s) they speak and whether they will require accommodation before Wednesday 2nd of April 2014.