Venue: Abden House, the Confucius Institute for Scotland at the University of Edinburgh, 1 Marchhall Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 5HP
Contact: Dr Judith McClure
Event Date: 04/11/2016 13:00 - 15:30
Please help us to spread the word about our very lively Chinese Teaching Club! As a branch of SCEN, the Club is a friendly and relaxed platform through which Chinese Language Teachers in Scotland, in schools, colleges and universities, can connect. Colleagues working in other related sectors are welcome to join too. We normally meet twice a year, in May and November, to discuss any issues of interest to members. If you know someone who is interested in joining the Club, please email Dr Judith McClure or Co-Convener Lynnette Martin.
The agenda for the meeting on 4 November at Abden House, the Confucius Institute for Scotland at the University of Edinburgh, is as follows:
- Developing and Sharing Teaching Materials: individual presentations and round-table discussion
- Organising Trips and Exchange Programmes: round-table discussion
- Working with Teaching Assistants: Crystal Pan Balish and round-table discussion
- 4. Business Brunches: Dr Meryl James, SCILT and CISS
- Practioner Enquiry and Opportunities: Judith McKerrecher, CISS
- The Fifth SCEN China Youth Summit, Edinburgh International Conference Centre, Friday 2 December 2016 (Details from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Third Annual Conference on Chinese Language Teaching in Scotland, May/June 2017: suggestions to email@example.com
If you would like to come to the meeting, please email Dr Judith McClure so that numbers can be established for the buffet lunch at 1pm.