Inspired by Malala’s words, we would love you to use your words to show how the world can be a better place. This could be about climate change, helping the environment, how we treat one another, equality – whichever area you are most concerned about, or would most like to see change.
- Use a language (or languages) other than English to show your ideas, hopes or even advice for our world.
- It can be in any format, for example a poem, an essay, a song, a cartoon – be creative!
- There is no minimum or maximum number of words!
- Judging categories: P1-4, P5-7, S1-3 and S4-6.
- Individual or group entries are welcome.
- Entries will be judged on language use, content and creativity.
- Closing date: Monday 25th October 2021.
- Winners will be announced at an online event at the time of the COP26 summit.
- Entries can be emailed by teachers to email@example.com with Words for the World in the email subject line, or uploaded via Teams. A Words for the World Glow Team will be created for the competition; if teachers would like to submit entries in this way, please email the address above to ask to be added.
- A submission form and signed consent form should be uploaded for each entry.
- Each entry should state the school name, pupil name and age category in its file name.
- If an entry is in a language not usually taught within schools, please include an English translation.
We look forward to seeing your entries!
Image from DFID