Return to Calendar | Return to List
Translating Europe Forum 2017
Posted on October 05 2017
Event Date: 06/11/2017 - 07/11/2017
The Translation Department of the European Commission is organising the 4th edition of the Translating Europe Forum, focusing this year on translators skills and employability.
We will welcome representatives of all sides of the European translation community to debate the following topics:
- What skills do young and established translators need to master in order to thrive in the business?
- Are there sets of "new skills" corresponding to changing/emerging market needs?
- What are the new profiles needed in the language industry?
- How can translators keep up to date and find the right training at the right time?
- What are the specific skills required to master translation tools and technologie?
Although registration to the Forum is closed, all sessions will be live-streamed with interpretation in/to English, French and German. Links to the streaming will be published on the website before the event.
Visit the website for full programme details.