Venue: University of Strathclyde
Event Date: 01/11/2017 10:00 - 16:00
Advanced Higher Portfolio
National 5 Assignment - Writing
This event will provide an opportunity to look at how to support candidates with the Advanced Higher Portfolio and the Assignment-Writing at National 5.
Advanced Higher: 10:00 – 12:00
This workshop will be delivered in conjunction with Modern Languages lecturers from the University of Glasgow.
- Look at the requirements for the Advanced Higher Portfolio
- Consider approaches to learning and teaching from both a secondary teacher’s perspective and a university lecturer’s perspective
- Reach a shared understanding of standards by looking at a range of exemplification
National 5 Assignment – Writing: 14:00 – 16:00
The workshop will focus on:
- Summarising the changes to National 5 Modern Languages
- Looking in detail at the Assignment – Writing
- Considering approaches to learning and teaching the Assignment - Writing
- Looking at SQA exemplar material
The workshops will take place on Wednesday 1 November at the University of Strathclyde. The Advanced Higher workshop will take place from 10:00 -12:00 and the National 5 Assignment – Writing from 14:00 until 16:00.
Teachers have the option of registering for one of the workshops or both of them, but please note that lunch will not be provided.
To register for the event please visit the website. You will be asked to provide details of your name, local authority, school, e-mail address and languages you teach on the registration form.
Places are limited to 30 and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registrations is Friday 27 October 2017.