Return to Calendar | Return to List
Language learners in Anglophone contexts
Posted on August 09 2018
Venue: University of Oxford
Event Date: 30/09/2018 - 01/10/2018
Anglophone contexts, such as the UK and US, provide particular challenges for language learning. The aim of this two-day workshop is to explore these challenges.
Topics to be discussed during the workshop will include:
- Sustaining linguistic diversity in Anglophone contexts
- Language learners: supply and demand in the US
- Motivation through creativity in language learning
- Careers in languages
- Cognitive benefits of language learning
- Motivating learners in the UK – views from the classroom
- How the benefits of language learning can enrich the learning experience
Visit the website for more information and to book.